Friday, December 1

The Da Vinci Code
( 2006, Ron Howard)

I can't recommend this movie enough as the biggest waste of time. What was Ron Howard thinking when he made this movie? The acting and dialog were horrendous in this movie. Tom Hanks was the worst I've ever seen him and he's been pretty bad before(ever see Turner & Hooch?) Actually now that I think of it Tom and the dog from Turner & Hooch had better chemistry than Mr. Hanks and Audrey Tautou. He was the wrong choice to play the lead part of Dr. Robert Langdon. On a whole the casting of this movie was just all wrong from Audrey Tautou as Agent Sophie Neveu to Paul Bettany as the albino Silas. A heads up to all you girls and gay men, you do get to see Paul Bettany's naked butt in the movie and it's pretty early on so you don't have to sit through too much of the movie to get to it. With that said, I can go on and on about how this movie sucked. It was just so boring. It's like here's a clue lets solve it, oh no here's another clue lets solve it, oh wait what's this another clue and on and on and on. I do have to say that the latter part of the movie did pick up a bit but it was too late to save this poor adaptation of the hit book. My recommendation is to just read the book and skip the movie.

The Da Vinci Code

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll skip the whole damn thing. I don't need to be wasting my time that much.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there is definitely a distinction to be made between something which is a good waste of time and something which is merely a waste of time. (I guess it's a similar distinction to that between a made-for-TV movie which is "so bad it's good" and a made-for-TV movie which just plain sucks.)

Anonymous said...

it was truly a waste and i'd say that the book wasn't so cool either, it was just like an overdone travel manual with a story sprinkled in between.....plus the earlier book of dan brown Angels and demons had a much tight plot and good story...i'd like to see that being made into a movie.