Thursday, December 28

Domino
(2005, Tony Scott)

Domino an action sometime comedy film, is based on the real life(sort of) of Domino Harvey, a young female bounty hunter. The lead character is played by Keira Knightly. Mickey Rourke and Edgar Ramirez play her fellow bounty hunters. In the movie Ian Ziering and Brian Austin Green of Beverly Hills 90210fame play themselves, as hosts of a reality show. Christopher Walken, Lucy Lui, Mena Suvari, Delroy Lindo and Dabney Coleman also round out the cast.

I think if this movie was 30-minutes shorter and the action was tightened up a bit it would of been a better film, but director Tony Scott(Ridley's less talented brother) just didn't pull through on this one. I didn't really like this movie nor did I hate this movie, all in all it just didn't do anything for me.

The one saving grace of this movie was Keira Knightly, who at various points during the movie, gives a gang banger a lap dance in her bra and panties, goes swimming in a skimpy bikini and the crowning achievement of the film, does a topless mescalin fueled sex scene in the middle of the desert. Now that last one I mentioned, the topless sex scene. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that that was put in the movie but I have no idea why that was put in the movie, it did nothing to further the plot. Oh wait, now that I think of it I know why that was put in the movie, to give people a reason to sit through it(well that is until the sex scene is over). I'm not sure why Keira agreed to do that scene but for what ever reasons I really hope they paid Keira a lot of money to do it, but between you and me I'm glad she did.


Domino official site
Domino @imdb
Domino trailer
The real Domino Harvey wikipedia entry

No comments: