Monday, August 28

Patience is a virtue

Yes I have to say that the old saying of patience is a virtue is quite true, but I have one thing more that should be added to the end of that saying and it goes like this. Patience is a virtue and it may just get you free stuff.

To prove this let me tell you a quick story of something that happened to me last week. One day last week, I stopped into a local fast food Mexican place(not Taco Bell) and stepped up to place my order. It seems that the manager was training a new person, so my food ordering and preparation took twice as long as usual. I could of showed my frustration and impatience but I guess I just went with the flow and patiently stood in line. We've all been there on a new job being trained with impatient customers on the other side of the counter and it's no fun so why make an already nervous person even more nervous by not being patient. So I guess I come to the moral of the story, as I'm about to be rung out, the manager says since you were so patient have a free soda on me, and I thankfully accepted it. This isn't the first time that something like this has happened to me. I've gotten free coffee's and slices of pizza for waiting so patiently.

So the next time your in line and it's taking a bit longer than you like just remember that Patience is a virtue and it may just get you free stuff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very true indeed. And smiling gets you cheap stuff too i have found.. the other day i got 40pence knocked off a bag of sphagnum moss because i was all smiley smiley carol smiley..( a UK TV references that may not make any sense!)