Tuesday, August 1

What a Poopy Head

So, I never intended for this blog to turn into a strictly a movie review blog but that seems to be what's happening. Well I do watch a lot of movies. So today I will refrain from reviewing a movie although I did see a good movie the other night, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a 2005 movie, directed by Shane Black and starring Robert Downey Jr. as a two bit thief and Val Kilmer as a gay private eye. The movie is a funny murder mystery that takes place in Hollywood....See there I go again reviewing a movie and saying I would refrain from doing so, well I just have to say rent Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, its one of those smart, witty and funny movies that just aren't made too often nowadays.

so what shall I talk about than if not a movie review, hmmm lets see how about art. What is art, can it only be a beautiful picture or can it be a piece of crap? To me the purpose of art is to provoke some kind of reaction or feeling from the viewer whether it be happiness or disgust. It can allow the viewer a brief brake from the harsh realities of life or force you to think about the same harsh realities of the world. Well, where am I going with this you may be wondering, I was trying to create some kind of segue into providing you a link to this funny website that I stumbled across. Well some of you may think it's funny and some of you may not. I'm not sure if most Republicans will find the humor in it or maybe they will. So with out further ado here is the website:

Madeyouthink
(The website isn't obvious as to where you should click to see the photos so here's a hint just click the madeyouthink logo in the upper left corner)

Some people may think its a piece of crap others may think its art. It's up to you to decide, either way I would love to hear your opinions.

1 comment:

Johnny Strike said...

On a similar theme (but exchanging Republicans for Christians), here's my favourite ever piece of art:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ