Monday, July 31

Syriana
( 2005, Stephan Gaghan)


Usually, when my GF and I are watching a movie together, she will tend to ask a couple questions regarding the plot and what's going on. I'm usually like, just watch the movie and your questions should be answered. Well with the politically charged movie Syriana, which was written and directed by Stephen Gaghan(who wrote the great screenplay for Traffic, 200) that wasn't the case. This movie should of came with an outline or maybe some cliff notes, to read before you actually sat down to watch the movie. Yeah, I got the basic idea of what the movie was about, but I hate to say that the intertwining plots of all the characters, just left me plain confused at times. I was just glad that there wasn't a quiz at the end of the movie, because I would of failed it horribly. I do have to give credit to the outstanding oscar worthy acting of the entire cast which featured: George Clooney, Jeffrey Wright, Chris Cooper, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet, Chris Cooper and Alexander Siddig. If it wasn't for the captivating performances of each and every actor I really don't think the complicated story line would of kept me interested for long. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good intelligent movie that makes a person think, but this movie was just too overly complicated at times for me to really just sit back and enjoy.

If your in the mood for a movie, where you don't have to think to much or pay to close of attention to what's going on than this isn't the movie for you. If you are however in the mood for a suspenseful politically charged movie and you've recently taken some Ginkgo biloba than this is the movie for you.

No comments: