Wednesday, July 19

Kevin Smith is one funny guy

So here I was thinking of what I was going to post on this blog of mine today.
My choices were as follows:

1. Summer in the City, and what I don't like or dislike. (I would like to hear from you about your dislikes and likes about summer and maybe I'll include your suggestions when I revisit this one, maybe tomorrow.)
2. Give you a link to some guy who lets you chose what he is going to wear for the day. Yes I'm serious about this one.
3. Review the new Peaches album, Impeach My Bush.

But that all changed and those ideas went on the back burner as soon as I saw this video of a Q & A session with Kevin Smith, the director of such cult classics as Clerks, Mallrats and Jay & Silent Bob Strikes back. The Q & A session had to do with his involvement, almost 10 yrs ago of writing a new Superman script that would be directed by Tim Burton and starring Nic Cage. Well of course that movie was never made and a different one was made, but here's his first hand account of how he got a chance to write the script and why it was never made. Kevin Smith is hilarious in this interview, he should have his own TV show or make a movie about this experiences in Hollywood.

I decided not to embed the video on my blog because I wanted to give props(yes I'm a white boy and I just said props) to the site that I found it on which was Comic Foundry.

Be prepared, this video is almost 20minutes long, but worth it. So go microwave some popcorn and sit back and enjoy.
Kevin Smith Q&A video

Props: Hip-Hop terminology for respect or credit due to a person.

3 comments:

Johnny Strike said...

One summer in every four I dislike the World Cup.

BTW, I don't even know what "props" means. I'm going to have to google it just as soon as I'm done here. Maybe it's because I'm not only a white boy, I'm English.

Johnny Strike said...

Was that explanation of "props" there earlier? I hope not. That would make me even more stoopid! I even asked a fellow English person about "props", and she knew what it meant, so I really can't use that as an excuse - which means you shouldn't feel obliged to provide a definition for the likes of me! (I did go away and google it anyway.)

msquared said...

No that wasn't there before I had put that there for people who didn't not know what the word props meant.