Friday, September 15

A plagiarised blog about The Black Keys

So as I've already done in my 2 previous blogs, this week I'm going to try a little experiment and not post any original blogs, instead I will plagiarize other people's blogs. You may ask yourself why I'm doing this, well you see my blog doesn't get any hits/visitors what so ever. I think yesterday I only got 1 hit on my blog and that was probably me checking my blog to see if I had any visitors(yes its a vicious circle). So my experiment is to see if it's my subject matter, my style of writing or is my blog just plain not interesting, so why should people bother visiting it and waste their time here while there are millions of other uninteresting blogs out their to visit. Also another reason I'm doing this is that I just don't have the time to keep on writing my own blogs this week(how do all you people do it?) so this is also a practical matter on my part.

So let the experiment proceed......

The Black Keys

The Black Keys : Magic Potion


The Black Keys released their latest album Magic Potion yesterday. It's right in line with Keys' albums of the past and just as good. It's do-it-yourself-lo-fi-hard-driving-blues-rock. It's their first album for Nonsuch Records. The Keys continue to garner critical acclaim, a growing fan base (which I will always be a part of) and recognition from their peers. They've opened for Beck, Sleater-Kinney and Radiohead, played Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits Music Fest, and their music seems to be making its way into the commercial mainstream a little more each year. Two white boys from Akron, Ohio putting out some of the best blues-rock around. They do their forefathers and influences (John Lee Hooker, Cream, Jimi Hendrix) proud. The Black Keys' MySpace.

Interesting factoid: They named the band, not as a play on the name of the band The White Stripes, of whom they had not heard when they named themselves but are often compared to, but from inspiration of a schizophrenic artist friend in Akron, who used the term "black keys" to describe things he disliked or people he did not trust.

Older Works:

The Black Keys - Meet Me in the City
The Black Keys - 10 A.M. Automatic
The Black Keys - Have Love Will Travel
The Black Keys - Busted
The Black Keys - Heavy Soul

No comments: