Saturday, July 14

Transformers
(2007, Michael Bay)

So yesterday I got my geek on and went and saw Transformers the movie. I had grown up watching the Transformers cartoons, in the morning getting ready for school and I was excited to see a live action version of them. This movie was directed by Michael Bay, now I will be the first to admit I'm not a big fan of his movies, but he did an awesome job with this one. It was funny, action packed and the special effects were just out of this world. The ending battle/fight scenes between the Autobots and Decepticons was just spectacular.

The movie also featured some fresh new break out stars. I'm sure the reason they went with little known stars was because most of the money went into the actual Transformers characters. There was Shia LeBeouf, who is primed to be a big star especially after his break out role in Disturbia and now with the hit Transformers. I would also highly recommend watching him in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, you can see a review I did on that movie a while back ,here. There is also the required eye candy for all action movies and this was provided by Megan Fox. New comer, Rachael Taylor was also in the movie too and I had wished they used her more in the movie, she had a nice combination of intelligence, beauty and she can act too. Some great comedic relief was provided by Anthony Anderson. The movie also starred Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Jon Voight and John Turturro.

So if you want to go see an action packed fun filled summer movie, my advice would be to go see Transformers. This really isn't a movie that you wait to see when it comes out on DVD, it's one that you should really see on a big movie screen with surround sound.

Transformers @ imdb
Official Transformers movie site

If you liked it digg it
Digg!

No comments: