Monday, April 10

The Raconteurs show.

So this past Friday my GF and I went to go see The Raconteurs over at Irving Plaza in NYC. I managed to get some of their music about a week before the show and give it a listen so I would be familiar with their music. Like probably most of the people there, my GF and I went because Jack White was in the band. Yeah the music is not bad but who wouldn't want to see Jack White play music in a small venue.(no I don't have a shrine of Jack White in my bedroom closet) Well let me just say, after the 3rd song I began to forget that it was Jack White and some other guys playing music. It was The Raconteurs, and they were pretty damn good. The show was above and beyond my expectations. Although if you do go see them make sure you wear ear plugs, I think my ears are still ringing.

Let me not forget the opening band, The Muldoons. Although I only caught a couple songs, since my GF and I decided to have a few beers over at Pete's Tavern and than had to use the bathroom before we claimed our spot on the concert floor. What I did catch of them, amazed me. The band consists of two brothers, 8 & 11 years old and their father on drums. They are a pint sized punk band. Not your proto, pop MTV boy band punk but your old school punk. They site their influences as Iggy Pop, The Ramones and MC5. Did I mention that they are 8 & 11 years old! Despite their age though, they would give any band a run for their money. I've tried searching for some songs of theirs on the internet but I have yet to find something. I keep getting hits on this other band called the Muldoons that were around in the late 60's or early 70's. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If anyone has any links, of the tiny punk rockers The Muldoons music please email me.

If you weren't able to see the show or are just curious to check out The Raconteurs. The band will appear on Late Night with Conan O’Brien on May 19th.

No comments: