Tuesday, January 16

Scoop
(2006, Woody Allen)

If your a fan of Woody Allen films than you will undoubtedly like this one. Even though this film takes place in London it has the feel of some of Woody's earlier comedies. I enjoyed this film, it made me chuckle a few times but all in all the film had more of a made for TV movie aspect too it. I'm not sure why I felt this way but I did. Maybe because it didn't seem polished like his last few recent films or maybe because it just looked like he got a few friends together and made it over the weekend. I guess if I was a professional movie reviewer I could tell you why but I'm not so C'est la vie.

Maybe it was the plot that gave it a made for TV movie feel to it. The plot is, Scarlett Johansson plays an american journalism student, named Sondra Pransky. While on stage during a magic performance(Woody Allen is the magician here), she is contacted by a recently dead journalist,Joe Strombel played by Ian McShane. Ian McShane. Mr. Stombel gives Sondra a scoop regarding who might be the tarot card killer. Hugh Jackman who plays Peter Lyman a son of an aristocrat, just might be the tarot card killer. So Sondra along with Woody allen's character Sid Waterman set out to see if this who this Peter Lyman fellow is and if the scoop is right. Well hilarity ensues, Woody Allen stutters through his lines and the tarot card killer turns out to be..... Now, now you didn't think I was going to give away the answer to that did you? You'll just have to watch the movie to find out.

Official Scoop site
Scoop @ imdb
Scoop trailer

No comments: